CLEANING CAR FLOOR MATS: THE BEST WAY TO GET THE CAR FLOOR MATS CLEANED!!!
As the owner of a car, it is not only essential to make sure that your vehicle is functioning appropriately but you also need to get its upholstery and floor mats frequently cleaned. It is the floor mats of the car that receives more of the grime sticking to the bottom of your footwear. While it’s better to have your car upholstery cleaned by professional auto detailing companies in Canada, you still can clean the rubber and cloth car floor mats yourself to make the car look squeaky clean.
Here in this guide, you will get to know how you can clean both the cloth and rubber floor mats of your car.
Cleaning the cloth floor mats of the car:
Cloth floor mats are relatively more difficult to clean especially when they are wet. Here are the steps you can follow to get them cleaned:
- Use baking soda: Sprinkle some baking soda on the floor mats and rub it to remove stains and unpleasant odors.
- Use detergent powder and shampoo: Also, you can take washing detergent and shampoo and scrub the floor mats using a stiff brush to get rid of the dirt and dust.
- Use carpet cleaner: Spray a carpet cleaner on the mats and leave it for 30 minutes. Once the cleaner is absorbed take a hand brush to work the cleaner throughout the mats.
- Wash them in the washing machine: Another option you can try is washing the floor mats in the washing machine using regular detergent.
- Vacuum dry: Once floor mats are washed vacuum them to suck up the water and leftover dirt particles.
- Air-dry the mats: It’s vital to dry your cloth floor mats before placing them in the car to prevent the occurrence of a bad smell. So, let them dry in the sun.
Cleaning the rubber floor mats of the car:
Here are the steps you can follow to clean the rubber floor mats of your car:
- Remove the mats from the car: Now that you need to wet and use cleaning products on the floor mats, you don’t want to get any of them inside your car. So, take the floor mats out of your car.
- Whack them to remove debris: Rubber floor mats are sturdy enough to whack them against the ground or any other hard surface. This will remove the loose dirt from the mats.
- Wash with a hose: Next, you are required to wash the mat with a pressurized water hose so that loose dirt or crumbs can be dislodged. It is recommended to wash the dirt side of the floor mats not the bottom.
- Apply soap or detergent: Mix some laundry soap and baking soda with the water, apply the mixture on the mats, and scrub it using a bristle brush to remove the grime.
- Dry the mats: Now that debris and grime are removed from the rubber floor mats, it’s time to let them dry under the sun to give a fresh smell to the mats.
If you are wondering what is the best way to clean the car floor mats this guide is here to help you. In case you don’t have much time to clean the floor mats yourself, just contact the auto detailing agencies in Brampton for the same. They can perform it in the right manner.